Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Here comes the bride...

I love weddings.  I love everything about them.  Cake, dancing, drinking, fancy attire, speeches, kissing...the whole thing.  I know there are so many cynics out there that think marriage is the last legal form of slavery.  I am not one of them.  I've had the honor and pleasure of being a bridesmaid twice and am about to participate in my third wedding as Maid of Honor for my very bestest friend.  I can't wait!! Today I got to do one of my favorite things about being in a wedding...ordering a pretty new dress.  My bestie, E, picked a gorgeous dark blue color for the dresses.  Not going to lie to you, its going to be one hot bridal party.  and BONUS! I won't be pregnant in this wedding!! One of the other two weddings I was in, I unexpectely got pregnant AFTER I'd  bought a cute little mermaid cut number.  Thank god it was ordered 1 size too big.

I also love weddings because it reminds me of my big day.  It also reminds me how incredibly lucky I am to have found K.  I've been to more than one wedding that I feel won't last past this seasons glee cast graduating high school.    Another great thing about weddings? lets be honest with each other.  Any of you ladies out there reading this know what I'm talking about.  I like to go to weddings and pick out little things that I feel like I did better.  Don't scoff, or deny it.  Because way deep down, you know you do it too.   When I get some rinky dink little souvenier that I don't like (like a pen) I think "yep...gave money to sick kids...your pens can suck it". 

On that note, I must go get cracking on cleaning my house and ironing fancy wedding clothes.  K, peanut and my folks and i have a family wedding to go to this weekend.  I was pretty leary about going due to the fact that I was under the impression some of the "less desirable" members of my family would be in attendance.  After a brief FB chat with the bride though, I suddently am REALLY looking forward to going!

Hope to chat with you soon! I'll be a whole year older by the next post ;) xoxo MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment